Understanding the Pros and Cons of a Tankless Water Heater
At Boilers & Beyond, we help our customers arrive at cost effective solutions to their household expenditures. With technology advancing at a rapid rate, so too is the energy efficient nature of appliances – including tankless water heaters.
Making Your Home an Economical, Energy Efficient Green Space
“Going Green” is a common term used in society these days, with the concern resting on minimizing our footprint here on the earth, and taking up as few fossil fuels as possible to maintain our lifestyle.
Heating the water in your home takes up as much as 30% of your household energy expenses, so most homeowners find it to be a cost saving measure to implement a tankless water heater into their home from the onset, or even replace their current heating method with a tankless version.
Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater
- They only operates when hot water is needed, reducing energy consumption by 35% or more
- They provide continuous hot water without running out or shortages
- They deliver a long shelf life …around 20 years of interrupted use
- They take up less space
- They can be fixed anywhere in the house because of their compact nature
- They deliver a high safety score due to the fact that they only operate as needed, unlike traditional tanks that are always in operation
Disadvantages of a Tankless Water Heater
- Larger initial cost to purchase
- Venting and piping installation fees
- If you have hard water in your home, you will need a water softener so as to not wreck your tankless water heater
- Retrofitting a tankless water heater can be costly and difficult
At Boilers and Beyond, we have the skilled tradesmen to handle any concerns regarding the repair or installation of a tankless water heater in the Lower Mainland. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages, and any initial costs will be recovered easily over time.
So whether you need maintenance or installation of a tankless water heater, give us a call. We can help, and ensure your home isn’t costing you more than it should, and that you are leaving a minimal footprint in the process!